HOW SHOULD WE RESPOND?
[quote]Do this in memory of me.[/quote] – Jesus (Luke: 22:19)
Bishop Fulton J. Sheen said, when conducting a retreat for teenagers, once gave a talk on the meaning of the Mass. HE said, “If you don’t get anything out of Mass, it’s because you don’t bring the right expectation to it”. The Mass is not entertainment, he said. It is worship of the God who made us and saves us. It is an opportunity to praise God and thank Him for all that He has done for us. If we have a correct understanding of Mass, Bishop Sheen said, it will become more meaningful for us. We will want to go to Mass. We will understand why the Mass is God’s precious gift to us, and we wouldn’t think of refusing that gift. One great benefit of Mass, according to James Stenson, if we give God a chance, He will help us experience the tremendous benefits of the Mass and the Eucharist. “Be patient. Bring an attitude of prayer and thanksgiving to Mass, and you will reap great spiritual riches: consolation, confidence, peace, deep happiness and spiritual strength for the challenges of life”.
FAITH FORMATION CALENDAR
Mondays – 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm – 8th Grade
Wednesdays – 5:30 pm – 6:45 pm K-7th Grades
- Thursday, November 1st – 9:00 am – 7:00 pm – Masses
- Monday, October 29th – 8th Grade – Class
- Monday, November 5th – 8th Grade – Class
- Saturday, November 10th – 8th Grade – Class Confirmation Rite of Enrollment 5:00 pm Mass
- Monday, November 12th – 8th Grade – Class
- Wednesday, October 31st – K – 7th Grades – NO CLASS
- Wednesday, November 7th – K – 7th Grades – Class
- Wednesday, November 14th – K- 7th Grades – Class
Partners in Faith,
Phyllis Chudzinski, DRE